when i have company or go somewhere requiring i bring a dessert, this is it. this dessert is an especially great treat for summer, since it's no bake, but i'm feeling like you could love it just as well in october. most recently i made it during my beach trip. the grocery store didn't have the cookies i like to use, so i tried chocolate chip cookies for the crust. wasn't a bad choice at all, y'all. the moral of the story is, you can't mess this up.
b a n a n a s p l i t c a k e
2 cups finely crushed graham crackers or cookies (i prefer annie's gluten free snickerdoodle bunnies)
1/2 cup melted butter
8 oz block cream cheese
8 oz cool whip
4 bananas, sliced
1 can crushed pineapple, drained
16 oz bin strawberries, sliced
8 oz cool whip
1/2 chopped pecans or walnuts
1. lightly grease a 9x13 dish with butter
2. in a bowl, combine cookies/graham cracker and melted butter until all crumbs are evenly coated. press the crumb mixture firmly into your greased dish. place in fridge or freezer to set while you ready the next layers.
3. mix cream cheese and cool whip until smooth, light and fluffy, 3-4 minutes on medium speed. spread whipped mixture evenly over your chilled crust.
4. evenly single-layer your banana slices on top of cream cheese layer, then spread your pineapple layer, next your strawberries.
5. top with cool whip, covering your "cake". garnish with chocolate syrup, nut and cherries.
6. refrigerate for at least three hours, even overnight if you have time. the longer it sits, the better :)
i hope you try it and love it!
and i have one more treat for you. a SHOP SALE!
20% off everything in my jewelry shop with code TREAT
deal ends friday 10/31